This weekend would normally be the kick off of my fall market season, but due to Covid I will not be attending any in person markets this year. I personally will miss being a vendor at markets this year and getting to chat with all the shoppers and other vendors! Since most in-person markets are not happening this year, I wanted to put together a list of great local makers and businesses for you to check out virtually!
Seam Beneath the Stairs
- Seam Beneath the Stairs is run by Jessica, whose goal is to create clothing that is stylish, functional and comfortable for children to wear and feel confident in. Each piece is made to last through the hand-me-downs.
Check out Seam Beneath the Stairs here!
- Husband and wife duo: Ken and Keeyn, have a passion for all-natural grooming and cosmetic products. Not only do they have great grooming products for men, they now have a Like Grandma line for women!
To check out Like Grandpa you can visit there website here!
Story Wild Studios
- Story Wild Studios was founded by Jacinda. Every life is a story just waiting to be shared. Story Wild Studios is about connecting stories of others by creating custom products that have meaning and tell a story. At Story Wild Studios you are encouraged to Be Your Own Wild and embrace your own story!
You can find Story Wild Studios here!
Salty Sea Dog Designs
- Another Husband and Wife duo, Sara and Blair, the faces behind Salty Sea Dog Designs. Their pottery is bright and cheerful and guaranteed to put a smile on your face! I personally own many of their mugs and I love each and every one!
You can find Salty Sea Dogs Designs here!
The Knotted and Hooked Shoppe
- Jen is a fellow knitter and crocheter but I am a big believer in community over competition! She does one thing that I don't, amigurumi animals! I mean just how cute is this little koala!
You can find The Knotted and Hooked Shoppe here!
- KOUSa cushions are multi-functional cushions, its a blanket and pillow in one! Perfect for those cold winter days ahead.
You can find KOUSa here!
DogDog Goose: Houndmaid Goods
- DogDog Goose has everything you want for both you and your dog! With the launch of their Pawthentic Threads line, you can now get items for your favorite human while shopping for your pet!
Check out Dogdoggoose here!
- Every piece is silk screened by hand by with original artwork by Natasha. You can see the passion for the outdoors in all of her pieces!
You can find Whiteout Workshop here!
- Can you say pockets! Who doesn't love a dress with pockets! The Dressmaker dresses are made with ease of wear in mind, while still looking great! I personally have this bicycle dress and it is one of my favorite dresses in my closet!
You can find The Dressmaker here!
The Dusty Sparrow
- Rebecca makes hand-poured scented soy wax candles. She has a love for candles, from finding the right scents to picking the right containers she enjoys every part of the process!
You can find The Dusty Sparrow here!
Kay Pop Art
- Katlyne has always had a passion for pop culture. The background of her items are made up of comic and book pages, which represents how these characters were originally developed.
You can find Kay Pop Art here!
- Moon Kyung Kim is a Korean-Canadian potter, painter and crafter. Her pottery is a blend of Korean style, with Canadian inspiration. She makes pieces familiar to Canadians, i.e. mugs, butter dishes, etc, but decorates them with Korean patterns and designs that symbolize good fortune, prosperity, good health and happiness.
You can find MoonK Studio here!
- If there is a Confetti Sweets booth at a market I am vending at, I always get a dozen or two! They don't last long in our house!
You can find Confetti Sweets here!
Fifth Gen Gardens
- Kristin is a fifth generation farmer and garlic grower! She provides farm fresh veggies to the Edmonton area. You can find many of her garlic products on her website!
You can find Fifth Gen Gardens here!
I hope you enjoyed this list of local makers, make sure you follow along with all of their journeys on Instagram!